My week sucked. When I told people it was good, I lied. Sorry, I know better. In all honesty, I was ready to blow up like Yellowstone’s Old Faithful. Niagara Falls was about to spill all over my face. I considered building a catapult, so I could launch myself into the Earth’s orbit and never return-and that’s when things were starting to look up. I would say that I was a mixture of both Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh, and Shreeky from Care Bears. Talented, I know. On the outside, I attempted to mimic a Julia Roberts-like grin. But in my head, I was still designing my catapult.
Despite the Shakespearian drama, known as my life, this week eventually turned around. My “October Crisis” couldn’t have happened at a better time. I often take everything for granted. However there are many things to be thankful for, especially this week.
- Toothpaste: Mood swings are reversible-cavities are not.
- Roommates: They justify dessert before dinner, and pack your lunches.
- One Direction: Those guys make you want to have a dance party in any condition.
- Moms: They bake you blueberry muffins when you’re in a bad mood.
- Dads: They buy you Cosmos when you’re in a bad mood.
- A helping hand: Let’s face it, some people are just better at-everything.
- Friends: They drop everything they’re doing, and listen to you for hours.
- New friendships: Another person to add to your list of friends on Facebook-kidding. It’s cool to see how different people are plopped into your life.
- Coffee: It gives you something to do other than just study.
10. The word “venti”: It sounds so much classier than “a large”.
11. Mittens: It apparently snows in Manitoba during October.
12. Straighteners: They fix your hair when the weather gets at it.
13. Camping: It reminds you of how privileged you are to have shower facilities.
14. Lulu Lemon pants: They do wonders for your rear.
15. Speakerphones: They allow you to talk on your cell phone while driving.
16. Peter Mansbridge: His ties are immaculate.
17. Crummy moods: They remind you of how good you have it.
18. Oceans: They don’t have any of those over here.
19. Bussing: It makes for an interesting adventure to school everyday.
20. Islands: Nice people always come from islands.
Sometimes life throws you curve balls, but things aren’t always as bad as they seem. And if they are- I’m sure it’s not that hard to build a catapult. Happy Thanksgiving, there is so much to be thankful for.